1. Find the right representativeThe experience and knowledge of a dedicated real estate professional can be priceless. A good Realtor® forms a powerful team with his or her clients that makes it possible for them to have a smooth, successful, stress-free sale.
2. Determine your needs/wants for the sale and for your new homeSelling your primary residence can be tricky because you have to simultaneously be thinking about where you would like to buy. First weigh your priorities – selling price is certainly important, but having a quick and efficient sale can often be worth accepting a slightly lower offer. Talk to your agent and make sure you’re comfortable with where your priorities are.
At the same time, you should be compiling a needs/wants list for the home you will buy. You will probably have to act fairly quickly when your house sells, so any amount of preparation you can do will serve you well.
3. Prepare your house for showingUnderprepared homes can be sales disasters. Your home will never get as much attention from potential buyers as when it is first listed, so clearing clutter, cleaning, making repairs, and putting your home’s best foot forward is essential. Don’t “open for business” until your home is ready to be seen as favorably as possible.
4. Find out what your local market looks likeBeing realistic about your market is the key to a smooth sale. There is no substitute for a professional real estate representative when it comes to local market knowledge.
5. List away!Lots of photos and online exposure are the key to getting a good response for your listing. Working with an agent who uses Point2 Agent software is a great step in the right direction. Now just “open” the house and sit back and wait for the flood of eager buyers!
I can give you an educated idea of what your home’s value is based on experience, local knowledge, and comparable actual sales in your area! I am happy to be able to provide this service free of charge.
TORONTO, Dec. 6, 2013 /CNW/ - Brookfield Real Estate Services Inc. (the "Company") (TSX - BRE) announced today that it has approved the acquisition from Brookfield Real Estate Services Manager Limited ("the Manager") of franchise agreements representing 20 real estate offices and 493 REALTORS®1 operating under the Royal LePage brand across Canada and the Via Capitale brand in the province of ...
Following are real estate transactions over $5,000 as listed in records of the Erie County clerk’s office for the week ending Nov. 1.
Following are real estate transactions over $5,000 as listed in records of the Niagara County clerk’s office for the week ending Oct. 25.
Very few of the worldâs commercial real estate markets have undergone such a dramatic and rapid change in such a short span of time as Indiaâs has
BEIJING, Dec. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xinyuan Real Estate Co., Ltd. ("Xinyuan" or "the Company") (XIN), a residential real estate developer with a focus on high growth cities in China, today announced the closing of its offering of US$200 million in aggregate principal amount of 13% senior notes due 2019 (the "Notes"). The Notes are guaranteed by certain of Xinyuan's subsidiaries and secured by ...
MINOT, N.D. -- Investors Real Estate Trust announced today that its Board of Trustees has declared a regular quarterly distribution of $0.1300 per share/unit payable on January 15, 2014 to common shareholders ...
Laura Pomerantz Real Estate, LLC, a global real estate firm providing customized retail, office and investment real estate strategies that enhance brand equity, today announced tha
Transaction volumes within the UK real estate industry grew in H1 2013 versus the same period in 2012, but were unable to maintain the levels witnessed in H2 2012, according to data from Real Capital.......
The following real estate transactions were filed in Jefferson County: Gregory and Susan Hanchin to Harold Main, part outlot 36, Wilson & Helmick Addition. Anna DeMarco (deceased) to Freda DeMarco, metes, Springfield Townshi.
Singapore real estate is in danger of losing some of its shine, as the market had slipped four places in 2014, down from third place this year.
What is the best thing you can do during showings of your house?
Read More »»